Growing up and living on Oregon Coast has always been exciting for me, but especially as a Photographer. There always seems to be an almost endless number of photographic opportunities and inspirations. I do often venture further into the state photographing its natural beauty, but I always find that my own local area provides such a wide variety of scenic locations.
The Conde B. Mccullough Memorial Bridge is named after its namesake and builder. Often referred to as the North Bend Bridge by locals, the bridge sits on the north end of the community of North Bend, Oregon. Conde Mccullough designed and built all of the bridges along the Oregon Coast with this bridge being his crowning jewel and accomplishment. The art-deco design was completed in 1936, and spans just over a mile in length connecting the natural estuary of “Coos Bay” eliminating the need for the long running ferry or the 20-mile drive around the bay.
Each year during the celebration of America’s Independence Day we are treated to several days of Fireworks displays from several local events, including a 3rd of July display by the Mill Casino and Resort. The display is one of the larger displays and events on the Oregon Coast during the holiday and usually draws a very large crowd. While I have photographed this angle and location of the fireworks before, this year I did more planning and decided that this exact location would provide the best photo, and I wasn’t disappointed! From this angle I was able to get some of the larger blooms in the background of the bridge and I was excited to see my results, and I’m equally excited to share this gorgeous view with the Landscape Photography Magazine audience!
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor