I spend summer months chasing fog on our local mountain. Watching layers of fog stream in from the ocean and spill over the coastal hills never seems to get old. This image was taken on one of the first good evenings of the season. I was feeling very antsy and eager to explore some different compositions this summer. I spent a couple hours hiking up and down different paths, exploring different vantages. However, in the end I found myself at a roadside turn out I've been to many times before. The warm light on an island of trees surrounded by fog caught my eye but light was fading fast. I worked quickly to refine this relatively simple composition. I was thrilled to come away with something that feels true to that moment.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor