Gates of the Valley, also known as Valley View, is one of the classic photo locations in Yosemite National Park which was in my bucket list. It was a long wait as this location shows the best colours during afternoon and at sunset. As the day progressed shadows started in the meadow across the river, climbed up the Cathedral Rocks to the left, and then climbed the face of El Capitan. I was trying to capture a lot of different views. I was trying to photograph the whole scene with nice golden orange tints reflected in the river.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor