Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
In August 2019, we were doing our second leg (425 km) of the Chemin de St-Jacques-de-Compostelle in France. For such an endeavor, minimizing luggage weight is paramount, so I limited my photography equipment to one camera, 2 lenses, and several memory cards. In 35 mm terms, I carried a 24-200 mm F4 lens and a 50 mm F1.4. Portability is one of the reasons I love my Olympus gear.
On that day, we hiked along the Canal de Garonne. I was enchanted by the colored wildflowers, the curving shorelines, the beautiful trees and the reflections in the water. To show these elements to their best advantage, I chose a focal length of 94 mm (35mm eq.) and put my focus on the foreground, thus ensuring the flowers draw the eye in the image in a truly lovely setting. Hiking the famous Chemin de St-Jacques-de-Compostelle offers, on a daily basis, great opportunities to seize marvelous photos
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor