Norway in January is dramatic, wild and wonderful, but you must be well-prepared for the very challenging conditions you will encounter.
This image was captured on a rocky beach in Lofoten. As I began photographing, I noticed a storm approaching from far out on the sea. Then, not long after I had set up, the wind started to pick up, and very soon, it became so strong that it was impossible to keep the camera on the tripod steady enough to avoid camera shake.
Working as quickly as I could before the rain and hail approached and the wind got too strong, I did manage to get a few pictures. Soon after I captured this picture, I had to start packing up very quickly as the approaching rain, hail and wind arrived, and I had to take shelter behind a large boulder quickly.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor