Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
My favorite part of photographing our planet is seeking out the uncommon and unfamiliar. Wandering through the silence of these desert badlands, it is not difficult to suspend your disbelief and think, even if just for a moment, than you are an explorer on another world. This image produced one such occasion. What is bleak and bleached during the day takes on a totally different appearance in the evening. The rock and crust soak up the color from the fading light and transform into saturated sculptures brimming with visual appeal.
I am often too stimulated by the change in light and landscape to commit to a tripod, so I walk with camera in hand searching for compositions. After finding this spot, I continued to explore until sunset came when I returned and was rewarded with these subtle pastel colors and soft sky.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor