I have gone to the Dolomites to spend my summer and winter holidays since I was a baby, and they probably are my favourite place in the world. I've been to Federa Lake many times. It was quite a steep and long hike, so it took me so long to get there with my gear. Then, a few years ago, just before COVID struck, I grabbed my gear, booked the accommodation in Rifugio Palmieri (which is just on the opposite side of the lake, as you can see), and decided to spend the night there, enjoying the beautiful colours of autumn.
I wasn't that lucky with the conditions, as I was hoping for more of a moody sunset, but the golden larches and the beautiful reflection of the mountains in the lake were breathtaking!
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor