During my climb, the flora resembled a perfect setting for a haunting Halloween experience. The pinnacle rewarded me with this image of the wildflowers appearing to be 'the icing on the layer cake of landscaping', and left me mesmerized by the breathtaking view. This was during late fall when they were waning, but still prolific. Check out the multilayers of the Blue Ridge Mountains and the very reason they are named as such. The weather was perfect-a chill in the air-just enough to be refreshing. I was able to use a tripod and take my time to enjoy all of the layers. Below me, I saw some berry bushes which during the summer are full of luscious fruit. It is definitely worth the climb in any season.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor