This image of sunset colours was made looking west from the eastern shore of Lake Pukaki, using the 'intentional camera movement' technique. I enjoy creating these abstract images when either the light is not quite right for a true sunset composition, and/or the subject is not particularly interesting for a static image. In this case, it was the latter.
We’d had a clear sunny day and without a cloud in the sky the sunset was always going to be uneventful. The colours, however, did lend themselves to being blended into this abstract image, achieved by panning the camera quickly through both vertical and horizontal planes with the shutter open. I was pretty happy with this attempt.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor