Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
On the first day of 2020, I was scouting in the St-Anicet region. Suddenly a snowstorm started and I thought about giving up and returning home. And then I happened upon the ruin of the Presbyterian Church bordered by elegant trees in a nearby farmer’s field. I parked my car on the side of the road and installed my tripod. I used a zoom lens at 90 mm (35 mm eq,) to capture the scene. As the light meter is fooled with all that snow, and would return a too-dark image, I exposed to the right (ETTR) without blowing the highlights. In postprocessing, I decided to reduce the exposure by 1 stop and do a black & white photo. Even in bad weather there are always occasions for good shots.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor