In August 2016, I spent two wonderful weeks hiking and photographing in the famed Italian Dolomites. To plan the trip, I was inspired by the examples of photo tours. Looking at the tour itinerary, I assumed that if the route were good for photography, it would be suitable for hiking. So, looking at each suggested tour stop, I searched for short hiking opportunities.
I left my tripod and photo backpack behind to take advantage of photo opportunities during my hikes. I carried the minimum for my purposes: two camera bodies, one with a 24 to 80 mm lens and the second with an 80-300mm (35mm eq). I was ready for almost any opportunity.
I spent a week in the gorgeous Val di Funes village, and one day, I hiked the Panoramaweg, an easy trail along the enchanting valley. The lovely colours and forms contrast with the surrounding mountains and the imposing skylines.
During that same week in Val di Funes, I took a picture of the famous church, which is published on my VIP page.
In 2018, I returned to the Dolomites, this time joining a photo workshop, allowing me to discover more different photo opportunities and get to know fellow photographers. One of the images from that trip is published on my VIP portfolio page.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor