I had scouted these buoys a few days before I took this picture, having a completely different image in mind. I was immediately intrigued by their V-shaped order, making for a very obvious leading line. The buoys all have different colors, which, in daylight, would make for a very light-hearted picture. What I didn’t think about was the fact that at sunrise the colors wouldn’t be visible as they would require more direct sunlight. I was, however, more than compensated by the gorgeous reds and oranges of the early-morning light, both in the sky and reflected on the water. So instead of a fun, multi-colored, image I got a serene, tranquil shot that I like much better.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your pictures to over 300,000 followers
• Download all new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor