The night was dark, and the wind was blowing strong. Located at the eastern end of the island, it is one of the most arid places due to adverse weather conditions, and its easy to get to the beginning of the trail by car. It is when you leave the comfort of it that you realize nature can me rough sometimes. Without an specific trail, you have to climb for half an hour to get this advantage point, set your tripod and stay against strong winds just 2 steps ways from a 200 meters cliff. But then, the sun starts no come and you can finally be amazed with the 6 Km peninsula ahead, with its beautiful red cliffs lined with spring green cloaks.
For this image, and in order to capture the entire scene I had made a panorama of 5 vertical images with double exposure for the sky. Definitely one the best places to visit and enjoy nature in Madeira Island.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor