The night was dark, and the wind was blowing strong. Located at the eastern end of the island, it is one of the most arid places due to adverse weather conditions, and its easy to get to the beginning of the trail by car. It is when you leave the comfort of it that you realize nature can me rough sometimes. Without an specific trail, you have to climb for half an hour to get this advantage point, set your tripod and stay against strong winds just 2 steps ways from a 200 meters cliff. But then, the sun starts no come and you can finally be amazed with the 6 Km peninsula ahead, with its beautiful red cliffs lined with spring green cloaks.
For this image, and in order to capture the entire scene I had made a panorama of 5 vertical images with double exposure for the sky. Definitely one the best places to visit and enjoy nature in Madeira Island.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor