When I took this image at Torres del Paine park, most of the people on our tour had the flu and I had to be the sickest person among them; it took all my strength, after coughing night after night for a week, to get to the shore of Lake Pehoe with my camera and tripod to set up for this evening shot.
Everyone else hiked to another area to the left and I was alone here, where the light proved to be awesome but transient; when the others got to their spot, the light was gone...the next day, when the tour leader finally found a medical clinic, I was diagnosed with pneumonia and placed on antibiotics..but I had my shot.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor