We walked by this tree on the road from Loro Chiuffenna to Gropina in Tuscany. The tree is quite large, beautiful and well cared for. The light on the way to Gropina was nice enough, but on the walk back, the light was perfect. I felt like I was looking at the same light and scene that multiple Tuscan Renaissance painters have included as backgrounds in numerous portraits.
I photographed the scene with the iPhone first, but the iPhone picture looked overly processed. I switched to the Leica camera, and I prefer the results.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor