Notre dame de la Guerison is a small delightful sanctuary located in Val Veny, in Courmayeur, in Valle d’Aosta, Italy. It is named after Mary the healer and frequented by many mountaineers who have succeeded in Mont Blanc climbing. It is located right next to the Brenva glacier, now withdrawn.
I had known this valley during a summer spent in Courmayeur three years ago just before the advent of COVID-19 and I had immediately set out to return to immortalize an autumn vision so I was fascinated by the landscape. The autumn landscape is certainly better to photograph with a telephoto lens as the colors of the autumn pines give more emotions from a long distance. In fact, it is not possible to fully grasp the beauty of the orange, red and yellow shades up close, despite the fact that the autumn view of Courmayeur and the Mont Blanc tunnel is majestic and magic even if it is sad to know that there are tunnels in the middle of a mountain so beautiful.
I used a Nikon D5000 with a 70-300 mm sigma lens to make this image and I shot from Val Ferret exactly on the opposite side. I opted for the autumn colors scene mode, in this way the hues are more brilliant. A very useful option, even if many photographers snub it. It's like having a calculator to solve math calculations and not using it.I recommend to all passionate photographers to visit Courmayeur, not so much for the the center but for the connected valleys, both Val Ferret and Val Veny, you will find glimpses of Mont Blanc and Aiguille Noire that will give you deep emotions.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor