Just west of Lone Pine California are the Alabama Hills. This is a place of hills and rock formations near the eastern slope of the Sierra Nevada mountains.
There are small streams numerous rock arches and river views for the photographer. This scene was in shade at sunset just off a small road near the hills. It was an odd angle to shoot while trying to get in the lighting effects. the main event seems to be photographing the fall color which is late at this altitude and Mount Whitney as a back drop.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor