Just west of Lone Pine California are the Alabama Hills. This is a place of hills and rock formations near the eastern slope of the Sierra Nevada mountains.
There are small streams numerous rock arches and river views for the photographer. This scene was in shade at sunset just off a small road near the hills. It was an odd angle to shoot while trying to get in the lighting effects. the main event seems to be photographing the fall color which is late at this altitude and Mount Whitney as a back drop.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor