Silver Salmon Creek is one of my favorite photography destinations. Coastal brown bears and beautiful landscapes make it ideal for any nature photographer. Located in Lake Clark National Park and Preserve in Alaska, it is only accessible by a small plane.
The flight from Anchorage provides an opportunity to photograph the amazing landscapes of the Kenai Peninsula, a large peninsula jutting from the coast of Southcentral Alaska.
The name Kenai is derived from the word "Kenaitze" or "Kenaitze Indian Tribe", the name of the Native Athabascan Alaskan tribe, the Kahtnuht’ana Dena’ina, who historically inhabited the area. They called the Kenai Peninsula Yaghanen.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor