Some say that in Israel, we only have two seasons a year – nine months of summer and three of winter. Well, that might be somewhat true. Add the fact that winter is not too cold (in most areas), and one may say we only have summer and autumn. Still, we don't really experience those amazing orange and red colours which are so identified with the fall. It is not cold enough, and the species of trees do not perform this.
Yet, some places behave differently, like in the far (everything is relative here) north mountainous region. This photo was taken in the Hermon Stream National Reserve. It is located on the north edge of the country and is also known for its old Arabic name, Banias (after the Greek god Pan). It is well-established and very accessible, with some light and easy walking trails. On the other hand, you are not allowed to get off the official trails within the regulated parts of the park, so sometimes you need some creativity and a bit of "Hutzpa" (Which I usually do not encourage). I went there on a rainy weekend, the perfect conditions for photographing streams and waterfalls. Another advantage of such weather is that the reserve is empty, and I had a great time with the whole place for myself. I did not have too much time to take this shot because of the need for the "creativity" I mentioned above, so it's a single exposure of 1.6 sec. But still, I'm pretty satisfied with it. A real autumn in Israel.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor