Some say that here in Israel we only have two seasons a year – nine months of summer and three of winter. Well, that might be somewhat true. Add the fact that winter is not too cold (in most areas) and one may say we only have summer and autumn. Still, we don’t really experience those amazing orange and red colors which are so identified with the fall. It is not cold enough and the species of trees do not perform this.
Yet, some places do behave differently, like in the far (everything is relative here) north mountainous region. This Photo was taken in the Hermon stream national reserve. It is located in the north edge of the country and also known for its old Arabic name Banias (after the Greek god Pan). It is well established and very accessible with some light and easy walking trails. On the other hand you are not allowed to get off the official trails within the regulated parts of the park so, sometimes you need some creativity and a bit of "Hutzpa" (Which I usually do not encourage). I went there on a rainy weekend, the perfect conditions for photographing streams and waterfalls. Another advantage of such weather is that the reserve is really empty and I had some great time with the whole place for myself. Because of the need for the "creativity" I mentioned above I did not have too much time to take this shot, so it's a single exposure of 1.6 sec. but still, I'm quite satisfied with it. A real autumn in Israel.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor