This was my first trip to Xiapu, Fujian province, China. The region is known for intensive fish farming. The scale is massive - it produces 2/3rds of the world's demand. With the fish farming also come the photographers who are attracted by the endless repetition of equipment, poles, nets. The patterns formed thereby lend themselves to minimalist images, like this fisherman in the mangroves.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor