Knowing that the region received fresh snow during the night, I was eager to go snowshoeing with my camera at Mt Sombre Forest in St-Donat-de-Montcalm region. In that pristine forest, I would be able to hunt for shapes, curves, shadows, textures, and patterns. Conditions would be perfect. Passing through this location, the many parallel lines created by the trees’ shadows caught my attention. The snow’s texture, its purity and the ice crystals floating on that magic carpet also fascinated me. For that type of conditions, I had learned the importance of exposure to the right (ETTR). The many aspects of snow define for me the beauty of winter. Each time there is a forecast of snow in my area, I plan a snowshoe trek.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor