A grey day in early December, the10th consecutive day of the kind of cold and wet fog where you hardly notice the difference between day and night. I had a hard time to motivate myself to get out of the house with my camera. In such conditions I typically head to a nearby lake and try to shoot some long-exposure, minimalistic images. Having done that for an hour or so I noticed that the fog started to dissipate a bit. As there was still no light of any interest, and with the retreating fog making any more simple shots impossible, I was packing up. Then, all of a sudden, out of nowhere, came the sun. When it broke through the thick clouds it threw the most amazing light on the reeds in the water in front of me. As I didn’t know how long it would last I ran around frantically taking a shot here and a shot there, not really focusing too much on refining all my compositions down to the last detail. Having said that, I’m quite happy with this picture as I didn’t have to work on it much in post-processing.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor