One outstanding feature of winter photography here in Yellowstone National Park is the dramatic fog and mist in and around the geyser basins and meadows.
On this morning in the park the air temperature and dew points worked to create this scene just off the main road. It was basically a waiting game to capture the best definition of the trees against the fog which gives this minimalist photo. About 25 minutes after the sun made its appearance, the mist burned off to reveal a forest of trees behind these four trees. It is mid January here at this time.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor