Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
This was my first visit to White Sands National Park in February 2020, right before the world changed. The beauty of this place was rewarding on so many levels, and I can't believe I've never seen it before now. After 2 days of mid-afternoon sun and evening sunsets, I found there is such a convergence of things happening with the gypsum, reflections, light, shadows, and atmosphere; you'll never stop trying to capture it all, and what a great place to learn.
The dunes aren't terribly tall and are easily scaled. But, it is possible to get lost because you really feel as though everything looks the same around you_ I'll admit to getting turned around while chasing the shadows of a Yucca plant on the top of a dune.
The desert plant life often takes a back seat to the white dunes, but they are equally beautiful.
Even the shaggy plants like this steely Longleaf Jointfir have their moment. This particular morning was bright and full of sun and shadows. Tucked away behind one of the dunes was this fellow giving off a beautiful shade against the ripples of last night's wind.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor