This is Arnarstapi on the Snaefellsness peninsula in Iceland; I hadn't been here before and was simply blown away by it. Talking of being blown away, some of the winds on the trip made it impossible to stand up at times, and another day, this shot would have been totally impossible as I was perched on quite a narrow area of cliff. Thankfully, there was hardly any wind this morning, I wouldn't have even gone looking had there been a gust about such is the unpredictability of the weather here you really can end up in big trouble. Hence, the utmost respect for the weather is paramount everywhere.
With some nice movement in the clouds, this was an unplanned break out of the 10-stop filter during sunrise to give a 472-second exposure, just adding to the whole surreal feel of the place. We stood up here for quite some time, shooting and washing the sea pound into the black rocks below, magic.
NiSi 100mm 10-stop filter
NiSi 100mm 4 stop hard GND filter
NiSi CPL filter
Fotopro T74-C tripod
Fotopro LG-9R ballhead
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor