I used my converted to infrared, Nikon D90, and set out to capture some 'snowy' landscapes (not an easy feat in Florida). This was my first venture and I did not know what to expect. When I looked at the screen, it was very different than what my eyes were seeing. The landscape was very beautiful as it was, but seeing it through infrared gave it an ethereal presence. I saw very little difference between how infrared presents itself and the snow that I used to see during the cold winters in the north. The trees were so very lush and nurtured on one side by the sun, shadowed across the 'snowy' terrain enabled me to feel the chill of winter.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor