Reflection Lakes are a familiar location on the south flank of Mt. Rainier within Mt. Rainier National Park. I was camping at Ohanapecosh Campground in the Park in early October.
It had snowed at the higher elevations the night before. I got up well before dawn and drove the 20 miles from the campground to the lakes in time to catch the sunrise on Mt. Rainier.
It was a cold and clear morning, and I tried to capture the frost on the grass and the subtle layer of fog on the lake's surface. Unlike summertime, I had the place to myself for quite a while.
The image is a focus stack and exposure blend.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor