In February 2020, I was walking on the train tracks following the gorgeous St-Lawrence River near Saint-Irénée, Quebec, Canada. The river has tides that can reach seven meters, so it sculpts fabulous ice blocks. This particular ice block looked promising, so I left the track and went down to approach it on the frozen shoreline (underlying the importance of boot grips). That morning, it was -7C (19 F) and there was no wind. The conditions were tolerable for such an open space. I approached my model and composed the image including other less seductive ice blocks in the frame. When the sun rose, I was blown away by the shape, texture and transparency of my model.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor