Typically, the only time I shoot in the middle of the day is when there is stormy conditions. This is a shot during a snowstorm in Monument Valley. In the morning, I was shooting my typical Sunrise shots, and then this menacing storm came in with gale force winds. Although the darkness of the storm removed all color from the foreground, the tones were remarkable. Perfect conditions for a black and white photo. I got this shot as the snow was falling on the distant buttes and mesas, and just before the conditions became whiteout.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor