An early morning rainbow appeared as we were shooting the spring lupins on the shore of Lake Pukaki on the South Island of New Zealand. I had my camera pointed down at the ground and was concentrating on getting a close-up view of the flowers, when a photographer friend walked by and said "Look up, Drema. There is a rainbow!" I looked up and scrambled to change the direction and settings on my camera before the rainbow was gone.
When you are out shooting, be sure to keep an eye out for things going on all around you, and don't get too caught up in your current view. Sometimes even looking in the opposite direction can give you an unexpected treat.
I thank this friend for not letting me miss the shot that turned out to be one of my favorite shots of the entire trip.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor