This is a wildly beautiful area of shapes and colors. Ridges, ravines and hoodoos in various colors of oxidized iron abound. After a summer storm the colors are pronounced and reflection shots possible.
I would just settle for clouds in the sky. South Coyote Buttes cover about a 3 mile area of the main ridge. Basically it is a compose and shoot during most of the day hand held and support as the light fades. Just too much to do and see here. Permits are required.
There is not much trudging as the surface is firm and reliable.Early and late afternoon light produce the best effects here creating shadows that avoid the mid day harshness.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor