In late October 2018, I was hiking on a trail near lake Carcan in the St-Donat de Montcalm region. During the previous night, the first snowflakes of the season had fallen. Autumn was advancing, most of the leaves had fallen, and the first signs of winter were evident.. When I approached the waterfalls, I saw the beautiful white bulb flower facing the falls. Knowing the flower would disappear with the next snowstorm, it was a last chance to preserve the subject and show the connection between the water and the bulb it nourished throughout the growing season.
I installed my tripod very low, and I used a long focal lens and a polarizing filter. I took the shot at 80 mm (35 eq) and a shutter speed of 1/6 sec. to flatten the water.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor