Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Hidden away in the mountain backcountry near the modern-day bustling tourist resort of Queenstown is Macetown, an old gold-mining settlement long since abandoned and left to ruin. During its heyday in the 1860s over 1500 people lived here, with their own store, bakery and school. There's one road in and one road out but in reality it's a dirt track, accessible only by 4x4 vehicle, on horseback or on foot. Getting there involves crossing the Arrow River 22 times. Today little evidence remains of what once was, but the natural environment remains spectacularly beautiful, and at its best in the autumn.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor