In 2015, I was scouting on rural roads in the Ste-Melanie region. That day, I learned that the skyline with an important vertical element such as a church’s bell tower can be a valuable aid to image composition. It can lead and direct our eyes to other important elements. When I saw this tower, I parked the car on the side of the road, installed my tripod and put on a zoom that could reach 300mm. Unfortunately, it was too short. So, taking my time, I installed a 1.4 lens extender and composed the final image at 351 mm (35 mm eq,). In this case, the church’s bell tower was leading my eye to the gorgeous textured pastels of the sky.
Since that moment, when scouting on country roads, I always check for such towers. I found and pho-tographed another one in 2019. It is published on LPM website: https://landscapephotographymagazine.com/05/03/2021/notre-dame-des-monts-quebec-canada.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor