Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Alcatraz Island on San Francisco Bay is an iconic sight, and possesses a long and mysterious history as a prison island. It is all but impossible to visit the area and not leave with some photo of this island. I have my share, but I wanted to capture the ominous mood of the place and had to wait for the right conditions. Fog and wind are commonplace on the Bay, particularly in the morning. It streams under the Golden Gate Bridge and spreads downward through the Bay enveloping and blotting out views of virtually all the usual sights. As it lifted, the wind continued to blow powerfully up and over the island creating this fog enshrouded view. It very effectively cloaked the Island in mystery, exactly the effect I was looking for.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor