Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
This photograph of trees in winter fog was taken in late morning, close to St Roch de l'Achigan, which is a half an hour drive from Montreal. In Quebec, winter conditions can be rough. On that particular day in late December, the temperature was -35°C (-31°F). There was ice fog: the fine ice crystals suspended in the air smooth and soften contrasts, hide depth of field perception, and fade colours. I found myself in a truly magical moment. To capture this beautiful scene, I parked the car on the side of the road, installed my 600 mm lens (35 mm eq.) and rolled down the car window to take the shot. Severe winter conditions offer special opportunities for those of us who brave the cold.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor