I am fortunate to live in Wisconsin at the tip of an 80 mile long peninsula that extends out into Lake Michigan. We have all four well defined seasons and there are wonderful photographic opportunities in all of them but my favorite one is winter.
There is a large open field along the highway in Northern Door County that has had this table and chairs sitting in the middle of it for many years. I know this is a familiar sight to the many hundreds of folks who have seen this while driving past.
Every couple of years I walked out here in various conditions and made a different photograph of it but most of the time this sight is so familiar to me that I barely notice it. One cold December evening some years ago I was out making some winter photographs and while on my way home I noticed this cloud sitting in just the right place.
It took a few seconds for this to register in my mind and so I quickly turned around and went back, grabbed my camera and ran out into the field before the light faded and made this image which turned out to be my last composition of the year.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor