I am fortunate to live in Wisconsin at the tip of an 80 mile long peninsula that extends out into Lake Michigan. We have all four well defined seasons and there are wonderful photographic opportunities in all of them but my favorite one is winter.
There is a large open field along the highway in Northern Door County that has had this table and chairs sitting in the middle of it for many years. I know this is a familiar sight to the many hundreds of folks who have seen this while driving past.
Every couple of years I walked out here in various conditions and made a different photograph of it but most of the time this sight is so familiar to me that I barely notice it. One cold December evening some years ago I was out making some winter photographs and while on my way home I noticed this cloud sitting in just the right place.
It took a few seconds for this to register in my mind and so I quickly turned around and went back, grabbed my camera and ran out into the field before the light faded and made this image which turned out to be my last composition of the year.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor