This is an image from a rather frosty winter day some years ago when I was hiking through Donau-Auen NP along the River Danube near Fischamend, east of Vienna. It is always fascinating to me to find some natural order in the apparent chaos of this riparian forest.
I especially enjoyed the warmer shades in the undergrowth in contrast to the otherwise wintry scene. Interestingly there is a constant change to nature when left to its own resources so it is impossible to find this pattern again now some years later.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor