These Bald Cypress trees are in Caddo Lake which lies half in the State of Louisiana and half in Texas.
This photo is from the Texas side which has most of the swamps and bayous while the Louisiana side has mostly clear water. Caddo Lake is just about the furthest north to show cypress colors - if there is a brief cold snap in early to mid-October.
This scene was captured in Early November, a day after a thunderstorm. A lot of the leaves that were on the trees are on the water now but still give autumn color to the bottom foreground.
I hired a fishing guide that knew the lake well and would take me to areas of opportunity. I set my ISO to 1600 to compensate for the motion of the water.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor