These Bald Cypress trees are in Caddo Lake, which lies half in Louisiana and half in Texas.
This photo is from the Texas side, which has most of the swamps and bayous, while the Louisiana side has mostly clear water. Caddo Lake is just about the furthest north to show cypress colors - if there is a brief cold snap in early to mid-October.
This scene was captured in Early November, a day after a thunderstorm. Many of the leaves on the trees are on the water now but still give autumn color to the bottom foreground.
I hired a fishing guide who knew the lake well and would take me to areas of opportunity. I set my ISO to 1600 to compensate for the motion of the water.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor