The North Cascades are known for their extremely jagged topography.
Through the years, I have learned how harsh light brings out real drama in the North Cascades. I learned to move the sliders the opposite way. It is all about bright light and deep shadows from the learned angles.
I shot this section of Silver Star Mountain with my telephoto lens. This shoot took place four days ago from the Washington Pass Overlook.
On this day, I was chasing the short larch season, chasing the light, loving the gifts of this fine day.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor