My wife and I have been spending some time in southern Florida over the last several winters. It is a great respite from the cold and windy Midwest. We have been staying in Marco Island in a two-bedroom condo on the beach on the eighteenth floor. One advantage to being that far south (besides the warmth) is the proximity to the Everglades, particularly the Ten Thousand Island Aquatic Reserve. Here you will find an abundance of wildlife, from alligators to various birds. We love going out to the Marsh Trail, about a half mile of a mostly paved trail with small shallow ponds and marshes along both sides at various intervals. An excellent place for bird photography!
The bird activity was minimal on this particular day, and we decided to head back early. When we walked into the condo and looked out the back sliding door, we were stunned to see the spectacular sunset right before our eyes! We scrambled to get our camera gear and tripods out before the sun dropped over the earth and made it just in time. You can see by the camera settings we were still operating in "animal mode"!
The way the calm Gulf of Mexico was picking up the color from the sky was incredible, and the timely place of the sailboat completes the photo.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor