f/8, 150sec, ISO 100
Lago Pehoe is undoubtedly the most beautiful lake in Torres del Paine National Park and one of all photographers' favourite areas for capturing the sunrise. This amazing location offers an unbeatable view and is easy to get to, making it a must-see for anyone visiting.
It was still dark as I set up my tripod for the first time that morning. As it was quite a bit windy, I was worried about capturing the pictures I had in mind. The Patagonian wind can be challenging for photographers, but, as always, in Patagonia, you should plan of staying a few extra days to wait for good weather.
Under these circumstances, getting a long exposure seemed nearly impossible, but I achieved it – between the occasional missed picture. Fortunately, as the sun rose, the wind level dropped. I used a 10-stop ND filter to help slow down the shutter speed.
What a truly amazing sunrise we were treated to that morning. Although there was no perfect reflection, there were all sorts of colours. The landscape was adorned with bright autumn colours, sun-kissed mountain peaks and a beautiful pink hue in the sky.
Even after the sun had risen and the pink, red and orange had given way to the warm yellow of early morning daylight, I kept enjoying the spectacular view.
What a wonderful sight to end our last morning in Torres del Paine National Park.
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours