Spiti valley is situated in Lahul-Spiti Dist. of Himachal Pradesh, India. It is basically a high-altitude mountain (Himalayan) desert with a very less populated valley. This Valley has been formed by a running river called the Spiti River, which flows west to east across this Lahul-Spiti district.
I shot this image from Kaza in early April 2021. It was overnight snowing in Kaza and I woke up early and go close to the Spiti River bank to get this view and capture it.
I hereby tried to capture the dawn mood as well as the vastness of the Spiti Valley using my Sigma 14-24mm Art series lens at 20mm.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor