Spiti valley is situated in Lahul-Spiti Dist. of Himachal Pradesh, India. It is basically a high-altitude mountain (Himalayan) desert with a very less populated valley. This Valley has been formed by a running river called the Spiti River, which flows west to east across this Lahul-Spiti district.
I shot this image from Kaza in early April 2021. It was overnight snowing in Kaza and I woke up early and go close to the Spiti River bank to get this view and capture it.
I hereby tried to capture the dawn mood as well as the vastness of the Spiti Valley using my Sigma 14-24mm Art series lens at 20mm.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor