Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
This past July was the first time since the pandemic began that I felt comfortable to travel and I made a beeline to Iceland. My main goal was to explore further into the central highlands than I had done on previous trips. The central highlands are simply spectacular but exploring them in depth is difficult because a specialized 4 wheel drive vehicle is needed along with the skills required to drive these very rough remote roads and deal with the many river crossings that present themselves along the way.
I had heard intriguing reports about a geothermal area named Hveravellir deep in the Icelandic central highlands that was high on my list to check out and it did not disappoint. It turned out to be rather small and out in the middle of absolutely nowhere at the end of a long rough road between the glaciers Hofsjokull and Langjokull. It consisted of a series of small pools of boiling water that were surrounded by intricate crystalline structures but the surprise was the variety of colors of these pools. There was a bright orange pool 10 feet away from a bright blue one but this one was unique in how its delicate structures surrounded a pastel boiling pool.
Since I was the only person here at this time I decided to also explore from above with my drone. Even though I was standing only about 20 feet away from my drone, the drone camera viewpoint from about 5 feet directly above the pool revealed something totally different and made me very glad I had it with me.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor