The light that afternoon was great, with the leaves in Bavaria just reaching their maximum autumn colour.
I approached this little lake formed during the last ice age, where there is some moorland around this so-called 'Toteisloch', something like a death ice pond.
Due to the wet soil, the trees tend to die, like the one in this picture. I like the contrast between the dying greyish tree and the colourful leaves in the background nicely reflected in the pond.
This is an area where it is quite difficult to capture any nice pictures. However, foggy conditions and a sun close to the horizon always help.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor