In mid-October 2021, I spent a glorious week in the Charlevoix region with friends to capture the autumn beauty. That morning we were on top of the Charlevoix Massif, a well-known ski resort. From the top of one of the ski runs is this panoramic view of the St-Laurence River. As the temperature was just above the freezing point, a haze was created over the river due to the difference with the warmer water. I loved contrasts of colours and shapes. The coastal mountains meeting the river shoreline create wonderful perspectives. The small island in the middle, Isle-aux-Coudres, looks isolated in the haze. I had to overexpose almost a full stop to get an ideal histogram.
Winter is approaching, and photographers will be replaced by skiers, who will in turn be awed by this panorama at the top of their downhill runs.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your pictures to over 300,000 followers
• Download all new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor