In mid-October 2021, I spent a glorious week in the Charlevoix region with friends to capture the autumn beauty. That morning we were on top of the Charlevoix Massif, a well-known ski resort. From the top of one of the ski runs is this panoramic view of the St-Laurence River. As the temperature was just above the freezing point, a haze was created over the river due to the difference with the warmer water. I loved contrasts of colours and shapes. The coastal mountains meeting the river shoreline create wonderful perspectives. The small island in the middle, Isle-aux-Coudres, looks isolated in the haze. I had to overexpose almost a full stop to get an ideal histogram.
Winter is approaching, and photographers will be replaced by skiers, who will in turn be awed by this panorama at the top of their downhill runs.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor