In September 2017, I hiked 450 km of the Chemin de St-Jacques-de-Compostelle in France. For such an endeavor, minimizing luggage weight is of prime importance. I reduced my photography equipment to one camera, 2 lenses, and several memory cards. In 35 mm equivalence, I carried a 24-200 mm F4 lens and a 50 mm F1.4. Compactness is one of the reasons I love my Olympus gear. The beauty of this church and its surroundings caught my eye. I relied on the fence to serve as a leading line to bring the eye to the church. In addition, the row of trees beside the fence creates another line. Using these I was able to compose the church on the right third of the frame and show its surroundings and the beautiful textured sky.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor