This is one of those serendipitous shots that happen from time to time. I'd spent the night at Yosemite National Park at Glacier Point and the Tunnel Overlook trying to capture star-trail shots.
On the way out of the park just before 08:00, I happened to glimpse at my side-view mirror and caught this gorgeous light on El Capitan. I pulled over at the first stop and quickly set up my gear.
I was so fortunate to capture this view at just this time. The light quickly dulled and I headed out.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor