This is one of those serendipitous shots that happen from time to time. I'd spent the night at Yosemite National Park at Glacier Point and the Tunnel Overlook trying to capture star-trail shots.
On the way out of the park just before 08:00, I happened to glimpse at my side-view mirror and caught this gorgeous light on El Capitan. I pulled over at the first stop and quickly set up my gear.
I was so fortunate to capture this view at just this time. The light quickly dulled and I headed out.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor