After attending a couple of excellent photo workshops in the amazing Charlevoix region, I now know when and where to go for the loveliest photo opportunities. Such workshops are very good for improving skills and rapidly heading to the best places, and I strongly recommend them.
One winter morning in February, I planned to arrive at the St Laurence River shoreline near St Paul Bay to catch the sunrise. The river has tides that can reach 7 metres, and the movement creates beautiful ice blocks.
Walking on the shoreline early in the morning, I was drawn to these two ice blocks jammed over a frozen rock. Their form, colouring and size made a wonderful subject against a beautiful background.
I set up my tripod on the icy shoreline to frame the image and I overexposed by 0.7 stops to have a perfect histogram (ETTR). This image was captured at 06:38.
I continued walking on the frozen shoreline, and a few minutes later, I took a picture of another lovely subject published on my LPM VIP page.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor